The activities view displays a list of scheduled job activities listed by resources. This view allows users to move activities found on that resource. In PlanetTogether, activities represent the smallest unit of work that can be scheduled and specify the production status, reported quantity, reported time, etc., of an operation.
Drag & Drop
The Activities view allows users to drag and drop activities to change their sequence. For example, using the left mouse button to click and drag will move the activity after selecting an activity. On the other hand, using the right mouse button to click and drag will move the activity before selecting the activity.
If a move is valid, the activity will be highlighted in green. Otherwise, the activity will appear in red.
Users can move an activity from one resource to another if different resources are selected in the top and bottom grids. If the resource is eligible and the move is valid, the activity will be highlighted in green. Otherwise, the activity will appear in red.
Move Activities Dialog
Users can move activities to specific resources, dates, or times by selecting the activity to be moved and clicking on the “Move Activities” button. The move performed by this dialog behaves the same way as moving activities by drag-and-drop, but it is easier to use when the target time is out of the visible range.
To move an activity, select a target resource, select a new start time, and click on “Move to resource and time.”
- Resource: Eligible resources will appear in white, while non-eligible resources will be highlighted in red. A move can only be performed on an eligible resource.
- Start Time: There are several options for specifying the target start time for the activity:
- Significant Point:
- End of Frozen Span: The activity will be moved to the end of the frozen span.
- Beginning of Schedule: The activity will be moved to the beginning of the schedule.
- Specific Time: This allows the user to specify a new start date and time.
- Just Before/Just After This option allows users to move the activity to before or just after a second activity.
- Significant Point:
Find in Gantt: The Activities view allows users to find where the activity is scheduled on the Gantt by selecting the activity and clicking on “Find in Gantt.” This will open the Gantt chart where the selected activity will blink in blue.
In the Activities view, the bottom grid allows users to see additional information about the activities.
- Activity Status: This tab allows users to update the status of the activity from the Activities view.
- Notes: This tab allows users to see additional notes about the job, manufacturing order, operation, or activity. Users can also add additional notes for any level by typing into the text box and clicking on the save button found at the left of the screen.
- Operation: This tab will show the operation information for a selected activity and allows users to modify that information. This dialog can also be accessed by double-clicking on an activity in the Gantt.