Installation And Updates
Field Mapping Wizard
APS System Service
The APS System Service (PT Service) is a Windows Service that typically runs on a server. It must be running and accessible by APS Clients in order for them to run.
PT Service provides the following functionality:
- Coordinates activity across all PT Clients, keeping them in sync.
- Stores system data to a disk whenever it is shut down.
Setting it up
- The PT Service service Startup type should be set to Automatic so that it is started automatically when its host PC reboots. Otherwise, it will not be possible for APS users to run the Client.
- The service will usually work if it is set up to log on as the Local System account. The account must have permissions to read and write to the Working Directory and the root of the C drive. It also needs to be able to listen to a port for data from other processes (such as PT Clients and the PT Interface).
- The name of the service, as listed in the Windows Services utility, is APS System Service