Copilot is a powerful feature within PlanetTogether that will automatically optimize your schedule based on specific KPI’s and creates new scenarios that you can use to compare to live scenarios. Copilot can take into account many optimization techniques in order to find the best schedule for based on the selected KPI, and can work with customization logic (Custom KPI’s). Users can also leverage their machine’s processor power by using the slider located at the bottom of the Copilot settings window. The higher the slider is placed, the more processor power Copilot will use, so other processing intensive programs on the same machine will be affected we recommend using a lower value
There are two ways in which you can utilize Copilot:
- Insert Jobs
- Rule Seek
Using Insert Jobs
Insert Jobs attempts to schedule jobs without allowing already scheduled jobs to be late. It’s recommended that this feature is used with the existing schedule, and is best used for scheduling new orders.
- You can start Insert Jobs from Jobs Pane by highlighting the jobs you want Insert Jobs to schedule, and selecting if you want to insert the selected jobs individually or if you would like to insert them simultaneously.
- Note: Insert as group will not schedule any jobs in the group unless they can all be scheduled at once.
- RuleSeek works by adjusting the settings of Optimize rules in order to get the best possible scenario based on a selected KPI and creates CoPilot scenarios with these rules enabled
- Click the CoPilot button in the Optimize section of the Plan tab
- In the RuleSeek section of the CoPilot window, click the settings button to configure RuleSeek
- RuleSeek starts when your system idles and runs until the system is no longer idle. It keeps the best scenarios based on the desired number of CoPilot scenarios to store