The CoPilot feature will automatically optimize your schedule based on specific KPIs and will create new scenarios that can be compared to Live scenarios. CoPilot can take into account many optimization techniques to find the best schedule based on the selected KPIs and can also work with customization logic (custom KPIs).
Additionally, users can leverage their machine's processor power by using the slider located at the top of the CoPilot settings window. The higher the slider is placed, the more processor power CoPilot will use, so other processing-intensive programs on the same machine will be affected. Therefore, we recommend using a lower value for this slider.
There are two ways to use the CoPilot feature:
- Insert Jobs
- Rule Seek
Accessing the CoPilot Dialog
To access the CoPilot options dialog, click on this area in the window footer:
1) Insert Jobs
The Insert Jobs feature attempts to schedule jobs without allowing already scheduled jobs to be late. It is recommended that this feature is used with the existing schedule, and is best used for scheduling new orders.
- You can start Insert Jobs from Jobs View by highlighting the jobs you want Insert Jobs to schedule, and selecting if you want to insert the selected jobs individually or if you would like to insert them simultaneously.
- Note: Insert as a group will not schedule any jobs in the group unless they can all be scheduled at once.
- RuleSeek works by adjusting the settings of Optimize Rules in order to get the best possible scenario based on a selected KPI and creating CoPilot scenarios with these rules enabled.
- In the RuleSeek section of the CoPilot window, click the settings button to configure RuleSeek.
- RuleSeek starts when your system idles and runs until the system is no longer idle. It keeps the best scenarios based on the desired number of CoPilot scenarios to store.