To back up the system data to protect against data loss, the following should be backed up periodically:
This service is the most critical in order for PlanetTogether to run. It is typically good practice to backup the data every few weeks, although PlanetTogether does keep recordings and other methods of backup on its own.
Folders to Backup
- APS ExtraServices Working Directory, typically C:ProgramData\PlanetTogether APS\[Insert Instance Name Here]\System\Data
- Alerts Folder: contains all log files
- Key Folder: contains license key files
- Recordings Folder: stores recordings of all actions for use in data recovery, debugging, and testing.
- Scenario Folder: stores your scenarios.dat file which contains all scenario data.
Because of the new method of deploying PlanetTogether, many of these files are static, due to the new ability to run multiple instances and multiple versions of PlanetTogether concurrently. The working directory for the other services not directly related to the APS System Service is held, not in the instance folders, but in the software folder, found below:
C:ProgramData\PlanetTogether APS\Software\[version number]\ProgramFiles\Interface
The working directory that holds the configuration for the Data Mapping Wizard, however, can still be found local to each instance at
C:ProgramData\PlanetTogether APS\[Insert Instance Name Here]\IntegrationFiles
The file to back up is called APSInterfaceSettings.XML
APS_ServerSettings.xml contains all instance information for Enterprise Client.