The Gantt toolbar is found at the top of the Gantt view screen. These options allow users to explore the schedule and highlight the relevant information.
- Resize Rows to Fit: This button will adjust the height of the rows so that all resources are displayed to fit the screen.
- Zoom In: This is used to zoom into the Gantt and will make the activity blocks appear bigger (longer) on the schedule. This is useful to see the hours timeline at the top of the Gantt.
- Days Zoom: This can be used to zoom in or out of the Gantt. Lower numbers will zoom in while higher numbers will zoom out.
- Zoom Out: This is used to zoom out of the Gantt and will make the activity blocks appear smaller (shorter) on the schedule. This is useful to see an overview of the scheduled activities without needing exact details about the time or days.
- Hours Zoom: This can be used to zoom in or out of the Gantt. Lower numbers will zoom in while higher numbers will zoom out.
- Zoom Gantt: This is a drop-down menu that will re-size the Gantt chart to only show the activities scheduled during the specified time span.
- Variable Zoom: This option will show a magnified window on the Gantt for a multi-zoom level view. When clicked, a portion to the left of the Gantt chart will be highlighted in blue and will allow users to zoom into the portion of the schedule found within this magnified window.
- Zoom Factor: This is used in conjunction with the variable zoom option and sets the level of zoom that is seen in the magnified window compared to the rest of the Gantt.
- Find text box: Enter the job or resource name to find on the schedule.
- Find: This button will make the activity block of the job specified blink in blue on the Gantt.
- Open: This button will open the jobs dialog for the job specified in the Find text box.
- Find Resource: This button will highlight in the resource specified in the Find text box in dark blue on the left side of the Gantt.
- Watch Overdue Jobs: Clicking this button will switch the Gantt view to "Split View Gantt" to show the Resources Gantt at the top and the Job Watch Gantt at the bottom of the screen. The Job Watch Gantt shows overdue jobs (jobs that have their need time in the past).
- Gantt View Layout: This drop-down menu allows users to select the type of Gantt layout they wish to see.
- Reports: This menu allows you to see reports for the following options:
- Department Schedule: Shows the schedule for the current department.
- Plant Schedule: Shows the schedule for the entire plant.
- All Plants Schedule: Shows the schedule for all plants.
- Inventories: Allows you to browse the inventory.
- Resource Performance: Allows you to track resource performance.
- Resource Gantt: Generates a print-out of the Gantt.
- Job Watch Gantt: Generates print-outs of any watched jobs.
- Labels: The labels button opens a window that lets users choose the information to be shown on the activity blocks and the way it appears. Additional information on the Gantt Labels can be found here.
- Simplify Gantt: This button opens the Simplify Gantt dialog that is used to make the Gantt easier to read and to speed up schedule redraws. Additional information on the Simplify Gantt feature can be found here.
- Tooltips window: When this button is clicked, a tooltip window will appear to display additional information about jobs, activities, capacity intervals, resources, and more.
- Fade: This feature is used in conjunction with the drop-down menu found immediately to its right. When clicked, all activity blocks apart from the one selected will fade to a transparent color. The drop-down menu allows users to decide if they want to see all connections, or only the job, manufacturing order, operation, activity, or inventory related to the selected activity block. This feature is useful to highlight activity blocks that belong to the same job but are found on different resources.
- Options: Additional options and features are available from this menu.
- Anchor Activities in time after drag-and-drop or Expedite: When this option is enabled, activities moved by drag-and-drop will remain anchored in time even after an optimization is performed. Note: Anchored activities can still move if constraints arise or if another activity is manually moved on top of it.
- Lock Activities to Resources after drag-and-drop or Expedite: If this option is enabled, activity blocks that have been dragged-and-dropped will automatically lock to the resource and will prevent optimization to override the manual changes made to the schedule.
- Move to Exactly the place specified: When this is selected, the activity you move will go exactly to the spot you drag it. Any other activities will adjust to accommodate the move. If this is not selected, dragging an activity on top of another will schedule it to the end of the activity it was dragged on.
- Expedite Successors after an Activity is moved: When you move an activity out in time, its successor activities move out in time as well. However, if you move an activity to an earlier time, its successors will not move unless this option is selected. When this option is selected, no matter where an activity is moved, its successors will move directly to follow it.
- Show Scheduling Hints
- Show Highlighting: When an activity is selected on the Gantt, all of the activity blocks of the job are highlighted with the current job highlight color defined in the "Set Job Color" option. This option can be found by right-clicking an activity block from the Gantt and selecting the appropriate option.
- Show Activity Links: When this option is enabled, there will be curved lines that link activities with their successor activities.
- Clear Activity Links: This option hides the activity links from the schedule to help clear up the information displayed on the Gantt.
- Help: The help button will bring you to the knowledge base where you can find additional information about the features of the Gantt view and of the PlanetTogether system.
Watch: Customizing the Toolbar