(July 27, 2017)
Materials Grid: Show supplying warehouses:
A new column was added to the Materials grid that lists all of the warehouses supplying each requirement.
Publish: Option to export dates in UTC
Publish has been changed to publish dates in UTC. A new publish option has been added to publish dates using the server’s local time. For backward compatibility, existing scenarios will have this option enabled to maintain the same functionality. Note that viewing the publish data in the client will always show the user’s local time.
Allow a program to be specified and executed prior to import:
Added the ability to run a program as the first step in the import process.
Capacity Intervals: Updating an individual interval will keep previous intervals in
This will help keep intervals more manageable when a single interval is changed. The full recurrence will be broken up into a series of intervals before the one modified
and a second series of intervals after the one being modified.
Added the ability to adjust the height of the Campaign blocks.
Added campaign sizing options to the Gantt under capacity tools.
Plant User Permissions
Created new plant permission sets that can be applied to users to allow configuring on a per plant basis:
- Can Schedule Plant: This will affect UI actions and visibility.
- Can View Jobs: If not enabled, this will hide jobs from this plant from the jobs grid and activity grid.
- Can View Inventory: If not enabled, this will hide inventory from the inventory plant and CTP.
Jobs Grid: MO release columns
Added two new columns to the Jobs Grid to help see released jobs:
- Released: One of the following based on the MO's IsReleased status: None, Partially, Released.
- EarliestRelease: The earliest MO's release date.
Impact: Compare to more than the last snapshot:
Previously, impact analysis always compared the schedule before and after the last action. There is a new setting in the KPI options to configure which scenario snapshot
is used to compare the impact. New options include comparisons between now
and: last import, last optimize, last compress, last publish, earliest action
today, last user created snapshot, or a specific snapshot.
Undo/Redo: Add date to grid control
Added a date to the undo list.
Undo: Performance and management improvements
- Memory used to store scenario history for undo and redo functionality has been reduced.
- Undo set configuration has been simplified. There are now only two settings: the maximum duration each undo should take, and the memory limit to use for storing undo actions.
User Preference: Confirm delete of objects
A new user preference has been added to prompt the user for confirmation when deleting objects.
Add support to see Successor MO connections in the JobWatch Gantt.
Fixed Scrap Qty Enhancement
A new field "Planned Scrap Qty" can now be set on an operation's material requirements. This value will be used when running CTP or MRP/MPS to increase the required material quantity. This value is not scaled like Total Required Quantity and is a fixed amount added to the required quantity that is expected to be scrapped.
Publish: Allow for easy publishing to analytics only:
A new Publish Analytics button on the main toolbar has been added to simplify the process of only publishing analytics.
Impact: Merge Impact control into grids
The impact control information has now been merged into the Jobs grid and the Materials grid. The jobs grid has new columns relating to impact information for the latest change. This allows alerts to be created for recent changes. With added layout
filters, the alerts can be customized based on any job property. The materials grid now has a column for Shortage of materials.
Import and delete users:
User data can now be imported to create new users. Existing users will not be modified by the imported values. New users can be set up with an initial workspace to load and
initial user permissions. Also, deleted users will be permanently removed from the system. A new user property called "Active" will replace the former user delete method. Users can be marked as inactive which will prevent login. Users previously deleted will be restored as inactive users.
Materials Grid: Migrate materials report to a pane:
The materials report is now always available in a pane and the data will be refreshed after each schedule change. The new data grid has the same Layout, Alert, and Column functionality of other grids.
Campaigns: Allow Gantt drag-drop of campaigns
Gantt campaigns can now be dragged and dropped using the Gantt. Doing so will attempt to move all of the activities that are part of the campaign to the target resource
Lot Code Constraint: New material constraint based on lot code:
Custom lot codes can now be specified on operation products. This code will be used when a lot is produced from that operation. Eligible lot codes can be specified on an operation's material requirements to restrict which lots can be used for a material source. This allows for basic material pegging as well as other lot scheduling constraints.
KPI: Sales order KPIs
Two new KPIs have been added:
- Overdue Sales Orders
- Overdue Sales Orders (%)
Production Plan Report: display data in buckets determined by cleanout intervals.
MRP: Add option to run JIT Compress before generating supplies for each BOM
Added an option to MRP Optimize Settings called MrpJitCompress. If true, the MRP runs JIT Compress after each Optimize. The final Optimize that MRP runs will not run a JIT compress. This will cause MRP to generate lower-level supplies based on Just-In-Time scheduling for the Jobs that consume them.
Allow custom bucket length in Production Plan view:
New “Custom” option added. New column for Item Group also added.
Scenarios: Data refresh and clock advance individual scenarios:
The refresh planning data and clock advance scenario buttons have been extended to allow the user to perform the associated action only on the current scenario, or on all scenarios. In addition, a new scenario offline mode has been added so a scenario can be set to not refresh planning data and/or not advance the clock during that time. By default, the publish scenario will not refresh planning data automatically. This new option will make it easier to verify incoming data or work in isolated what-if scenarios.
Lasso Select: Select block if any part of the block that is in lasso select:
Lasso selection on the Gantt (shift + mouse drag) will now select any blocks within the lasso. Previously it would only select blocks if the resource was completely lassoed.
Activity: New fields for the same SetupGroup:
There are two new fields to track the quantity and run time of the same setup groups. Sequential operations on the same resource with the same setup code will be considered to be one group.
Workspaces: Modify workspaces to save in the User:
User workspace settings are now saved within the scenario and no longer need to be maintained using the client updater service. Template workspaces are still managed through the client updater service.
Jobs Grid: Add Current Path information to help identify when non-preferred Paths are in use.
MaxCurrentPathPreference and CurrentPath have been added to the Jobs Grid.
Add columns to Jobs List:
- The following columns have been added to the Jobs grid:
Add fields to the Material Requirements Report:
Added “UnIssuedQty”: This is the quantity of material that still needs to be issued to the Operation. Calculation: Max(Qty-IssuedQty,0)
Added MO Product Name to Material Requirements Report.
MRP: Excess production allocation:
- MRP can generate Jobs that produce more than is needed by the demand. This is usually due to batching constraints (BatchSize, MinNbrOfBatches, etc.) on the
inventory. This can be problematic on Tank Resources, since the excess quantity
will not be consumed and the tank will not become available until either the
production is expired (if using shelf-life) or until the end of the planning horizon.
- A new functionality is introduced to resolve this issue by increasing the
quantity of the parent Job so that any excess quantity is consumed. A new field on the Inventory called MrpExcessQuantityAllocation controls which parent jobs are adjusted to accept the increased allocation. The following values are permitted for this field:
- None: Leave extra material as WIP in the warehouse or on Tank. This is the default.
- Last Parent Job: Allocate the remainder to the last consuming Job (by NeedDate).
- All Parent Jobs Equally: Divide the excess quantity equally among the parent Jobs.
- All Parent Jobs Proportionally: Divide the excess quantity proportionally to the parent Job quantities.
New fields on Activity Grid: Committed Start/End DateTwo new fields to help track schedule adherence added:
- CommitmentStartDrift = ScheduledStartDate - CommittedStartDate
- CommitmentEndDrift = ScheduledEndDate - CommitedEndDate
DataImport: Performance and error handling improvements:
Import performance was significantly increased when importing a large number of objects.
ToolTip: Gantt Tooltip window usability update:
- The tooltip has been improved:
- Tooltip is now more responsive, jumps less often, and fades away instead of disappearing abruptly.
- Added 3 buttons to the tooltip to allow for pinning it to a specific location, a quick link to the tooltip labels, and copying the tooltip to clipboard.
Show operations in the Ready color in the Gantt if all un-issued material is scheduled to be satisfied by On-hand inventory.
Option for Operation Transfer Time to occur during the predecessor operation’s
A new option configurable in Manufacturing Orders changes the operation transfer time to use the predecessor's online capacity instead of calendar hours.
For example, if an operation is completed at the end of a shift and has four hours of transfer time, the transfer time will not occur until the start of the next shift. Without the option enabled, the transfer time will start immediately and could be completed
before the next shift starts.
Check for updated License Key and apply any changes automatically:
PlanetTogether will check for updates to License Keys on a daily basis and will apply any updates automatically. This avoids having to restart the services to update your keys, for example, when your maintenance has been extended.
Import: Improved performance:
Improved import speed when importing Forecasts.
New KPI for “Late Units”
A new KPI has been added for Late Units which is calculated as Sum Job.Qty across all Late non-canceled (open) Jobs.
Jobs Grid: New starts in days column:
Added a new column that will help for the process of determining the jobs that are
- Starts In Days (Integer (round up)): Shows the number of days between the PT Clock and the Job.ScheduledStartDate
Added supply details in Material Requirements Report:
The Material Requirements Report (opened from the Inventory Plan) now shows the quantity coming from On-Hand inventory, Jobs, and Purchases.
Diagnostics data for Support:
A new setting has been added to Instances to control whether diagnostic information can be sent to help with support. If enabled, the client support can more easily retrieve
the relevant data to assist in solving data-related problems.
Display Jobs with TransferOrder or Forecast classification as TransferOrder and
Forecast in the InventoryPlan:
The inventory plot and adjustments grid will now correctly adjust whether forecasts are included in the inventory calculations. Jobs with classifications of TransferOrder or Forecasts will now show their type accordingly in the inventory plan.
Grid Sign-on: Run client from a specified folder:
The Client Sign-In program may be installed and ran from a specific location instead of the current user’s app data folder. This can be done by creating a shortcut to the PlanetTogether APS executable with the following argument: “\SkipInstall:” If installing the client from the Web-Installer, this shortcut will be created automatically.
Publish: New progress bar showing Publish Status:
A new progress bar has been added to show publish progress. Each scenario will have its own publish status bar and messages indicating the current step of the publishing process.
Activity: reported start and finish:
Added the ability to report activity start and finish from the activity status dialog and
the activity grid.
Users: Add settings to handle inventory and clear data buttons
- Two new user scheduling permissions have been added to handle permissions to items that used to be handled by the CanMaintainResources option.
- CanMaintainInventory: allows access to purchase orders, sales orders, and the items grid.
- CanMaitainScenarios: allows converting scenarios to the Live scenario, managing system-wide options, and viewing certain logs.
Add a new Manufacturing Order Property: “Days of Stock” and “First Shortage” to help prioritize in a Make to Stock environment.
Four additional properties have been added to Manufacturing Orders:
- Days of Stock: The remaining days from the APS clock until the primary product will be in shortage.
- Days of Stock Excluding Forecasts: The remaining days from the APS clock until the primary product will be in shortage without taking forecasts into account.
- First Shortage: DateTime when the primary product is first in shortage.
- First Shortage Excluding Forecasts: DateTime when the primary product is first in shortage without taking forecasts into account.
Inventory Plan: Improved Plot and Layout:
- The inventory plan has been updated to allow for customization of the layout. The default layout has been changed so that the inventory grid is on the left side to allow more vertical space. Users may relocate the inventory plan tabs in the same way that window panes can be maneuvered, although all of the tabs will remain within
the inventory plan pane.
- The inventory plot has been enhanced to show more information and to make it easier
to view plot data. It is now easier to view when inventory is below the safety stock, over the maximum, or when it is expected to be in shortage. Plot elements can be toggled on and off in the plot legend for more visibility. In addition, the plot can be zoomed in and out using the mouse scroll wheel. There is also a chart range control that can be used to narrow or expand the plot view.
Generate, Adjust, and View Forecasts:
- The Forecasts view inside the Inventory Plan displays forecasts for selected Inventories. Users can also generate, adjust or remove forecasts using this tool.
- Three methods are available for generating forecasts:
- Generate Forecasts based on Sales Orders through the User Interface: Use this approach when the Sales Order data is available in PlanetTogether and you want total control around when and how to generate Forecasts. In the Inventory Plan, select the inventory you would like to generate Forecasts for and select the Generate button
from the Forecasts view.
- Auto-generate forecasts any time Sales Orders are changed: With this approach, PlanetTogether automatically regenerates forecasts when Sales Orders are added, changed, or removed. This feature can be turned on for particular Inventories by setting the following three properties:
- Generate Forecasts based on Sales Orders through the User Interface: Use this approach when the Sales Order data is available in PlanetTogether and you want total control around when and how to generate Forecasts. In the Inventory Plan, select the inventory you would like to generate Forecasts for and select the Generate button
- Auto Generate Forecasts: If true, PlanetTogether auto-generates forecasts for this inventory when its Sales Orders are updated.
- Forecasting Frequency: Determines the interval of time between each forecast (weekly, monthly, etc.) when auto-generating forecasts.
- Forecasting Horizon: Determines how many forecasts to generate when auto-generating forecasts.
- Generate Forecasts manually through the user interface: If Sales Orders are not
available in PlanetTogether, you can create forecasts manually by selecting inventories in InventoryPlan and clicking Generate in the Forecasts view. Multiple forecasts can be created at once by specifying the quantity for the first forecast and how to calculate the quantity for the remaining forecasts being created. For example, starting with a quantity of 10, increase by 5% or decrease by a quantity of 1.
- Approaches 1 and 2 that generate forecasts based on Sales Orders require access to
PlanetTogether Forecast Service at https://forecastservice.planettogether.com.
If internet access is not available, then the statistical computing software R should be installed and set up for forecasting.
Inventory Plan: Add adjustable layout.
Controls within the Inventory Plan can now be moved and docked. This will allow users to get maximum visibility of the controls that are frequently used. These views are saved as part of the Workspace.
Tanks: Do not require a Warehouse to be specified for Store in Tank Products
Products stored in tanks are no longer required to have a Warehouse specified.
Dialogs: Save size and location
Most re-sizable dialogs will now save their size and location on the screen. If a dialog was saved on a screen that is no longer in use, it will be moved and resized to fit on the primary screen.
Publish: Remove SQL Management Objects (smo) as a requirement to update the publish database.
The publish process has been updated so that automatically updating the publish database no longer requires SQL Management Objects to be installed on the SQL server
machine. Also, missing tables will be automatically created in addition to missing columns and extra columns.
Add shift cost option to the Capacity Plan:
Added a new Capacity Plan option that calculates the costs of shifts that are utilized.
Improved linking between Gantt and Activities list:
A new option has been added to the Activities Grid to automatically match the resources and activities selected in the Gantt. An option has been added to the Gantt resources' right-click menu to display the activities running on that resource in the activities grid. A similar item has been added to the Gantt's right-click menu to select the highlighted Gantt activities in the Activities Grid.
Resources: New setting to hide from Gantt and Activities grid in all departments view:
Resources can be marked to be displayed only when its department is displayed and not in lists showing all departments. This setting can be used to hide resources from the full plant Gantt but still show them in the department tab. It also applies to the activities grid.
MRP and Tank Scheduling: Generate Tank Jobs
MRP and Tank scheduling are now compatible. To set up a model capable of generating Jobs for Tanks, create a “dummy” Warehouse and set its TankWarehouse property
to "true". Then, create an Inventory for the Tank Item in the newly created Warehouse. Set up to generate Jobs as usual. The template should produce a StoreInTank product
to this Warehouse. Demands (MaterialRequirements) should also pull from this
Activities Grid: JIT Column
Added Operation JIT Date column to the activities grid.
Many UI elements have been updated to provide a better user experience. When selecting a date and time, a new control allows users to quickly select today’s date, the
current time, and remove the time. Also, if a date has not been set, the control will not display a date in the past; instead, it will notify the user that a date has not been set.
Inventory Plan: New grid columns
- Three new grid columns have been added to the inventory plan:
- Lowest Planned Inventory
- Highest Planned Inventory
Workspaces: Save the last used layout for each grid.
Grids will now save the last active layout used. That layout will automatically be loaded when loading the program or switching workspaces.
Add expiring inventory visibility.
- Inventory Lot details have been added to the Inventory Plan for visibility of lot
- The Inventory Plan has two new columns showing Total Quantity Expiring and Quantity Expiring within the Short Term Span.
- The adjustments grid has a new row showing Lot Expirations.
- The Inventory Plot will list and reflect inventory that has expired.
Publish: Add adjustment reason to publish database.
Activities Grid: New External Fields
- Four new external fields have been added to the Activities Grid:
- Job, MO, Operation, and Resource External IDs.
Versioning: Change version number system
- The versioning system has been changed to be more readable and useful. It will now be
[Major].[Compatibility].[Minor]. For example 11.0.1
- An increase to the Major version number represents significant feature modifications or new features.
- An increase to the Compatibility number means that older versions cannot load a newer version's scenario files. For example, using version 11.0.1 and upgrading to 11.1.1 will result in the 11.0.1 version no longer being able to load data from the newer version. However, an 11.0.1 version could load data that was modified in 11.0.2. This also means that the import and publish databases associated with these versions are compatible.
- An increase to the Minor version number indicates minor changes and bug fixes.
Impact Analysis: Add capability to track items that have left or entered the frozen span:
The Impact Analysis will now show a list of jobs that moved out of the frozen span and a list of jobs that moved into the frozen span as a result of the last action.
Additional split and join commands available on the Gantt:
Added split and join commands to the Gantt's right-click menu. Previously, these commands were only available with keyboard shortcuts.
Grids: Layout improvements
- Layouts can now be managed in the following grids:
- Purchase Orders
- Sales Orders
- Layouts will now be saved in the following grids:
- All grids in the Job Details dialog
- Layouts will now use less memory and load faster.
- Activity, Inventory, and Jobs grids loading speed were significantly improved.
- Clear All Filters buttons have been added to the column's right-click menu.
- ActivityGrid performance improved.
- ActivityGrid will now highlight the Sort By Scheduled Start button when the top grid is not sorted by the scheduled start date.
SMTP: Add configurable email server to the Instance Manager:
Support emails and logs will now be sent using the SMTP server configured in the InstanceManager. Server configurations and destination emails can differ between instances.
Add Supplied Job Sales Order property:Added two new Job fields:
- SuppliedSalesOrderJobDetails: Details for supplied jobs
- SuppliedSalesOrderJob: Contains the Job Name for supplied Jobs that are of Sales Order classification.
Set Job Values: Additional properties
Many new job values can now be updated for multiple jobs at once with the Set Job Values screen. New values include Priority, MO Quantity, Classification, Hot, and many other flags.
Purchase and Sales Order improvements:
- A new Purchase Orders pane is available for better management of purchases. The new grid allows for advanced layouts and alerts, creating purchase orders, and displays additional information such as overdue purchases.
- A new Qty Received value has been added to purchase orders that represents the amount received to inventory. This can be used to track orders where the quantity received was different than the quantity ordered.
- Purchase orders have an additional validation: There must be some amount ordered or received.
- A new Sales Orders pane is available for better management. The new grid allows for advanced layouts and alerts, creating sales orders, and displays additional information such as overdue orders.
- A new QtyShipped value has been added to sales orders that represents the amount already shipped. This can be used to track orders where the shipped quantity was different than the quantity ordered.
KPI visibility is kept when copying scenario:
When copying a scenario, the KPI visibility settings of the newly created scenario will match the scenario being copied. Changes made to either scenario’s KPI settings will
be saved just to that scenario.
- Templates now have their own grid. Templates can be created, deleted, generated, and copied from the grid.
- The Templates grid can be accessed from the Windows Tab -> Show Pane dropdown, or in the New Features tab.
Grids: Refresh Automatically Option:
Several grids now have a setting called Refresh Automatically. When disabled, the grid will only reload data when the user switches layouts or clicks on the highlighted area of the grid. The highlighted area will be displayed when the grid does not have the latest data.
Grid performance update:
- The following grids will load data faster: Jobs, Templates, Activities, Inventory. The grids will also allow the user to cancel the current load, in which case the grid will display the data loaded so far.
- The listed grids will also load without stopping the user from working with the system while they are loading.
Allow resource requirements to start at Run:
Helper resource requirements can now be configured to start and end at different times than the primary resource. The resource requirement’s new fields, UsageStart and UsageEnd, can be used to specify when a resource is needed. For instance, if a worker was required to set up an operation, their resource requirement’s UsageStart and UsageEnd would both be set to "Setup". If a different worker was required for running an operation, their resource requirement’s UsageStart would be set to "Run" and UsageEnd would be set to "Post-Processing", "Storage", or "Storage Post-Processing".
Visual Factory: New Feature
Visual Factory allows for automated displays for use on the Shop Floor, department offices, and more. Additional information can be found at: http://www.planettogether.com/visual_factory
Gantt Line texts can overlap:
Gantt line label readability has been improved. Line descriptions avoid colliding with each other and now have a background so they are easier to read when there are other
items on the Gantt behind the text. The text is also slightly larger.
What-If Analysis: Ability to select which scenarios are compared on the Compare Scenario screen.
Only scenarios selected in the grid will be compared.
Job Values changed to unrelated messages:
Fixed an issue where certain job values could be changed automatically to unrelated messages when saved.
CTP Jobs not preserved during MRP when the option is set to TRUE:
Fixed an issue where CTP jobs would be deleted during MRP if the associated sales order was deleted. In addition, CTP jobs will be created with Estimate status and MRP jobs will be created with Planned status.
CTP always uses a User’s Optimize settings even if the User settings specifies to use Scenario (global) Optimize Settings.
Warehouse Delete: missing validation.
Can’t create Modify Capacity Intervals’ date range:
Fixed an issue that prevented Recurring Capacity Intervals from being started at an earlier date once they were already created.
CTP: Quick CTP from inventory plan improved:
The drag-and-drop from the inventory plan to the Gantt creates a job using CTP. This job now takes into account JIT buffers and new CTP features.
Safety Stock Warning Level cannot be set through import.
Adjusting Resource (Cycle) Efficiency does not affect scheduled run span hours.
- In several areas reporting run spans for operations, different values are now displayed.
- Calendar duration values: Represent the length of time from start to end.
- Standard duration values: Represent the amount of online time that is expected.
- Scheduled duration values: Represent the actual time that the operations spent
on online capacity. The Scheduled durations take into account resource
modifiers and product rules.
Scenario History pane improved:
Information will be refreshed automatically, the data grid is more customizable, and readability has been improved. The Scenario History pane has replaced the Performance History and Job Changes screens.
Material Availability – New Field:
- The Materials grid's AvailableDate column will now show the earliest time at which there is excess material available to satisfy the requirement.
- The Activity grid has a new column EarliestMaterialAvailability that represents the earliest point in which all material requirements can be satisfied. Moving the operation
to this time would not use material planned for other operations.
- Gantt hints now include a new line for the operation’s Earliest Material Availability.
Grids: attribute columns display color if no code is provided and even if Number is not the default:
Attributes are now displayed in grids using three separate columns: Color, Code, and Number.
Inventory Plot shows incorrect “Issued Quantity”.
Data Publish: NullReferenceException when publishing data.
Gantt Campaigns improved:
Fixed several minor issues with Gantt Campaigns displaying incorrectly. Also updated
campaigns to not span cleanout intervals and to display the MO product color.
Grids: Export to Xml function does not work.
Set Job Values: the Jobs pane does not refresh after setting the reviewed field.
Splash screen indicates that the license has expired but the system does not go into
Buy-direct materials not showing on operations.
Tank Plots: Update tank plots for performance and better drawing:
- Tank plots are now shown within the process segment on the Gantt. The plot will draw extra information instead of the standard storage segment. New information includes:
- Material post-processing duration
- Remaining storage after withdrawals
- Storage release timing
- Highlighting if lot controlled material expires
MRP: MRP Cutoff changed to duration from clock:
MRP cutoff is now specified as a duration instead of a specific date. The duration can be specified as the Short Term span, the Planning Horizon, a specific duration, or no cutoff.
FailedToSchedule: omitted operations prevent a job from scheduling.
Fixed an issue that could cause jobs with operations omitted out of order to fail to schedule.
Optimize Rules do not stay set in UI.
Labels: Storage label disappears after client restart.
Storage and StorePostProcessing Gantt labels are now saved.
Job Watch Gantt: Job doesn’t stay selected when selecting different view options.
Undo/Redo: Previous error messages are shown again.
Error messages will no longer be shown from an action being undone or redone.
Alerts: Alerts disappear when opening two instances at the same time.
NullReferenceException when running CTP with a Template that has multiple Manufacturing Orders.
Capacity Tools – Table – ResourcesUsing is incorrect for “Overtime”
Redo actions are not cleared when a new action is performed.
Publish by Resource includes all resources, not just the ones selected.
Forecasts – allows multiple records with the same External IDand compounds the quantities.
Capacity Plan: Number of People Calculations.
The Capacity Plan will now accurately calculate capacity when there are capacity intervals where the number of people is not 1.
Error logs from one instance are displayed in another instance after login.
The PlanetTogether client folder used to store client logs and user data have been changed from “PlanetTogether, Inc” to “PlanetTogether Inc” to be more friendly with external programs. The logs folder within "PlanetTogether Inc" will now differentiate between instances for the same version to separate client log files for each instance.
Note: "Error logs" are now called "Message logs" to be more accurate.
Find in the Activities Grid goes to the wrong Resource if the Activity uses
Finding an activity on the Gantt from the Activities Grid will now find the activity on the
resource selected in the activity grid instead of the primary resource.
ImpactControl: Null reference exception.
Fixed an issue that could cause the Impact Monitor to get an exception on clients with slower CPUs.
The Hidden Resources list on Gantt prevents multi-move of orders.
The resource grid on the Gantt can no longer be completely minimized.
Operations requiring more multi-tasking resource attention than available in the plant causes gaps in the schedule:
If an operation requires more attention from a capability supplied by multi-tasking resources than is available, the job will fail to schedule and will leave gaps in the schedule.
Resolution: If this condition is found after an optimize, an additional optimize will be performed to make use of the gaps.
Traveler Report: very slow to open with a large inventory.
The report now opens faster.
Changes made to the Gantt toolbar are not there when restarting the client.
Toolbar saving has been improved for major controls. When customizing a toolbar, the tools that can be moved are highlighted in yellow. Additional toolbar settings are
saved including grouping and visibility. The advanced customization dialog has been simplified.
Multi-tasking resources blocks are too short:
It is possible for a block scheduled on a multi-tasking resource to be too short. For example, if an operation’s NbrOfPeople=2 and UseNbrOfPeople=UseSpecifiedNbr, but the capacity interval it ends up being scheduled on has NbrOfPeople=1, the block should take twice as long.
The Undo list in the menu shows the wrong time in the Timestamp column. It is one hour earlier than the actual time the action happened.
Fixed an issue with Daylight Savings time that would display actions performed on the scenario at an incorrect time.
The Run label of the Gantt text shows in the Setup portion of the block.
The Setup portion of the Gantt label Process no longer displays the label text from other
Cannot edit Alternate Paths order. Save and Close reverts back to old settings.
Fixed an issue where the alternate path successors could not be modified on unscheduled jobs and templates.
MRP: Firm jobs will no longer need their date changed to match demand.
Previously, MPS/MRP could change the need date of jobs that did not have a commitment status of Released. It would do so in order to satisfy demand from currently scheduled jobs. Now, MPS/MRP will not change the need dates of jobs with a commitment status of Firm in addition to a commitment status of Released.
Activities grid layout loads old UDFs. Switching back and forth between layouts fixes issue.
Fixed an issue that would cause grids to load UDF and Attribute columns to the right of other columns regardless of how they were saved in the grid layout.
The number of items matching an Alert is incorrect:
Fixed an issue where the alert count would be incorrect when using DoesNotContain,
DoesNotEndWith, or DoesNotStartWith.
The system may freeze if there are multiple warehouses:
If there are multiple warehouses, it’s possible for the system to freeze.
PlantsGantt: Resource heights not initially loading
When loading the Gantt initially, there was a case where the resource grid row heights would not be updated.
Also fixed an issue with the sorting not being applied when switching Gantt tabs.
Instance Manager – Have to always click start service button twice to show the instance starting progress bar.
Instance Manager crashes after clicking Licenses.
Performance Improvement: Skip unnecessary refreshes of the Jobs Pane.
Set Job Values dialog: Make “Leave Current Values” the default choice for Commitment property.
Jobs grid displays dates in universal time.
InventoryPlan: Checkboxes for controlling which supplies to show change when moving from one row to another.
Undo Button is greyed out at times even though undo actions are available.
User Interface Error when moving a block on the Gantt.
The system might lock up if on hold is in use:
If Jobs or Manufacturing Orders are on hold, the system might lock up.
Client desynchronized error:
This could happen if Successor Manufacturing Orders were defined. Fixed.
Analytics Dashboard doesn’t run SQL command.
Gantt Display Status Material Source Unknown:
Gantt blocks will now show Materials Available if all materials have been issued.
AllowedHelpers import creates Allowed Helper relations for all Resources imported even if a Resource has no AllowedHelpers imported.
The import was creating an empty set of allowed helpers making no resources eligible
to be helpers for a Primary.
Incorrect JobResourceBlockIntervals.ScheduledEnd field on Helper Resource blocks:
When there is an operation with both a primary and a helper resource, the JobResourceBlockIntervals record for each shows the same value for ScheduleEnd, even if the helper ends prior to the end of the primary.
PublishHorizonEnd field in APS_Publish Schedules table is not set correctly:
- This field was always being set to the maximum value of 9999-12-31 23:59:59.997. It is
now set so that it corresponds to the date after which Activities will not be published (this is a Publish Options setting).
- In addition, there is a new field in the Schedule table called PlanningHorizonEnd which corresponds to the end of the planning horizon (a setting in System Options).
Helper resources may change when an expedite is performed:
When an expedite is performed, the helper resources of manufacturing orders that aren’t being expedited might change.
UDFs erased on import:
Manually entered UDFs will no longer be erased when not mapping UDFs or importing a null value. To clear UDFs, map the corresponding UDF column and import a blank value (”).
Instance Manager – Request Key by Email Button Error.
Handle Server disconnects more gracefully:
When the client’s connection to the server is lost, the program will now close with a single more user-friendly message and will not crash.
No adjustment for material requirements satisfied by lead time:
The inventory plot and published adjustments table will now be more accurate by
including material sources that are set to either Inventory Lead Time or Part Lead Time. This change will result in adjustments showing a negative inventory level when a material source is a lead time. NonConstraint materials are not included in these new adjustments.
UDFs: Resource UDFs not publishing.
Finding a Job on Gantt will move the Gantt Pane to the main screen if using multi-screens.
Panes that are off the primary screen will not be moved when activated unless they cannot be easily moved by the user.
Data Import: Objects are not being deleted due to being referenced by other objects that will be deleted later.
- When processing import data, PlanetTogether used to add, update, and delete objects in the order specified below. This order is important since objects that are processed later can
reference objects earlier on the list. For example, a Sales Order for Inventory X cannot be created if Inventory X does not exist.
- However, attempting to delete objects (through “Auto-Delete for omitted records”) in this order can fail and require additional imports to complete the delete. For example, trying to delete Inventory X would cause a validation error and fail since a Sales Order still needs it, even if the Sales Order is going to be deleted later on in the same import process.
- Changes have been made so that objects are added and updated in the same order as before but deleted in the reverse order (Jobs first), resolving the issue described here.
- User - Plant - Department - Capability - Resource - Items - Warehouse - Lot - Inventory Capacity Intervals - Product Rules - Attribute Code Table - Purchase To Stock - Sales Orders - Forecast - Job
- Sometimes Jobs fail to schedule due to lack of active capable Resources or constraints that make otherwise capable Resources ineligible. In order to determine why a Job failed to schedule, the user would need to access the information dispersed over multiple windows, dialogs, and grids which could be time-consuming and difficult. The Eligibility dialog alleviates this process by gathering all relevant information in one place.
- To access it, select a Job in the Jobs Pane and click “Eligibility” on the toolbar. The dialog lists all Activities within a Job. When each Activity is selected, all Resource Requirements for that Activity will be listed below. Each Resource Requirement is displayed with a list of capable Resources that can satisfy it. Relevant properties for each Resource is displayed along with links to Attribute Number Range, Allowed Helper
and Resource Connector tables if applicable.
Item: Shelf life validation:
- For items with shelf life, a value from 0 to 100 years must be used. Non-lot-controlled items default to no shelf life (0). If the item is lot controlled using shelf life, a valid shelf life greater than 0 must be used.
- The publish database has been changed: Item.LotControlled has been removed.
Please use Item.LotUsability to check if the item is lot-controlled.
User setting to compress data further to reduce transfer time:
A new option for user connection compression has been added. The default is Fast compression. Normal and High are now also available. These settings will further compress data sent to the user’s client at the expense of compression time. For most connections, this setting should be left at Fast for optimal performance. However, Users on slow network connections may see improved login speed and reduced action delay when using the Normal or High setting.
Grids: Load performance on unmatching conditionals.
Improved grid load speed when using certain column filters with ‘Any’ operator.
Alternate Campaign Colors by Item Group:
This preference can be set in the Simplify Gantt dialog. If set to true, the color of
campaign blocks will alternate every time the ItemGroup associated with the campaign changes. Otherwise, the Manufacturing Order ProductColor is used.
New documentation for PlanetTogether Publish Database:
New Google sheet lists all tables’ columns and their description:
Gantt: Highlight block usability:
- Reworked highlighting by reducing it to a single toggle option. When on, all blocks will
show their Job Color Code color. This is compatible with the current Gantt fading as well.
- Changed the highlight block's right-click menu to set job color. Also, the set job color option will apply to all selected Gantt blocks.
- Fixed an issue where the text color did not adjust to the highlight color when using common block labels.
Improved performance of the login process, especially when logging in multiple clients at the same time:
Performance improved when multiple users log-in simultaneously.
Display resource multipliers as a percentage:
Resource efficiency multipliers are now displayed in the activities grid and Gantt
labels as a percentage of the normal operation.
Jobs Grid: New EarliestJitStart column
A new EarliestOpJitStart column has been added to the jobs grid. It will display the earliest JIT start date of operations in the job. Finished and omitted jobs are excluded.
Move constrained by post-processing on another resource:
When using split operations, it is possible for optimize to schedule the successor operation at the start of the predecessor operation’s post-processing time.
New required field CapacityType:
The CapacityType on the resource mappings is now required for import.
Publish: Automatically publish after user inactivity.
New automatic publish options have been added to the publish options. Similar to CoPilot functionality, if no scenario action has occurred for x amount of time, the scenario will automatically publish according to new automatic publish scenario
options. After one publish, another publish will not occur unless another action has been performed and x time has passed again. (It does not continuously publish).
New Activity Grid Column: SuccessorSeparation
Successor separation represents the time between the end of the operation and the start
of the next successor.
Alerts: KPI Alerts and adds an icon to indicate a change in alert:
KPIs can now be displayed as alerts from the KPI visibility options on the KPI screen.
Additionally, all alerts will show an arrow indicating whether the new value has increased or decreased.
Search Error on Browse Publish Data.
MRP: Progress bar exceeds 100%.
Gantt Label Padding:
Gantt label text can now be padded away from the top and left borders to improve
readability. This setting is found in the Label Options -> Label Format tab.
New Duplicate resource option added to the Gantt's right-click menu.
Adjustments grid very slow to load:
Bucket columns in the InventoryPlan adjustments grid are now limited to 50 for performance reasons.
Scrap Percent: Error when trying to set the Planning Scrap Percent field on Activity.
Fixed a case where an incorrect message was being displayed when updating scrap quantity to an invalid value.
Added Safety Stock Warning Level to inventory plan.
ScenarioHistory: Job Finished entry added twice.
Resource Schedule report shows two "Start" columns.
Renamed columns to "StartDateTime" and "StartDay".
Gantt successor lines now curved:
Changed material and successor lines to be curved so they are easier to follow visually
around the blocks.
Adding Resource Attributes causes an error if ShowInGantt is not set.
Fixed the issue that would cause an error when manually adding an attribute to a resource when ShowInGantt was not set.
Email Support button in the client:
Users can now easily email support from the help drop-down.
Enable specific Item Groups to be included or ignored in the color-coding of the
material status in the Gantt:
A new option in the Gantt Labels screen allows for selecting which material types to
include in the Gantt Material Warnings.
Add User Fields tab to the Operation form:
An Operation's UserFields may now be edited in the Jobs dialog -> Operation tab and in the Activity Grid -> Activity Status control.
Gantt: Activity Board View
Added a new feature to the Gantt to show blocks at a 1-day precision. All blocks that run on a day will span the entire day and stack similar to a multitasking resource. This will make the Gantt more readable as the blocks will use all of the available width. This is helpful for users who plan for the day but don’t always need exact start and end dates when scheduling.
Schedule report settings saved in the workspace.
Rename the Optimize Release rules to be more easily understood:
- Job Release Dates > JIT with Resource HeadStart
- JIT Release Date > JIT with Global HeadStart
Gantt labels improvement
Label items can now be searched when setting Gantt labels. Some Gantt labels have been simplified.
Column Layout Dialog: Add search/filter to column lists
The grid column chooser now has a search functionality and it is easier to move the position of the columns.
Undo, Redo: Actions should have user-friendly names.
Actions in the undo/redo lists now have improved names to help the user identify each action they may be undoing.
Double-clicking on the scenario name allows for the renaming of the scenario.
Client hangs (or takes a very long time to load) when loading the Gantt.
Improved the performance of product-related values on ManufacturingOrder.
Allowed Helpers: Search does not work.
HintInfo: Add a line for head start span.
A new Gantt Hint line has been added to show the head start time for the operation which represents the earliest that the automatic scheduling actions will schedule the operation. This Head Start line will show if the operation is scheduled before its JIT start date and after the head start time.
KPIs: New Sales Order KPIs
Late sales orders, % on-time sales orders, and overdue sales orders. These include jobs
with classification = SalesOrder as well as sales orders.
Can’t move Operations that have multiple Resource Requirements:
When moving a block with multiple Resource Requirements on the same resource, an error such as the following may occur: "The move to resource "Resource 2" couldn’t be
performed. The move couldn’t be performed because the resource the block was dropped on was already being used for a different resource requirement of the
UI: Alt Path selection cancel causes an erroneous message.
Grids: Select last active row after reloading:
The following grids now reselect the last active row that the user selected when the grid
refreshes or switches layouts: Jobs, Templates, Inventory, Activities.
Hot Reason – Added to the Activities Grid.
Activities->Operation Tab: Clicking on “Save” leads to a blank window.
Change Order: Spelling mistake.
Fixed a spelling mistake in the Change Orders dialog.
Resource Configurator (Plant): Spelling mistake.
Mouse copy, paste, and select options added to most large text fields.
Items, Warehouses & Inventories: Typing Enter exits the grid.
Pressing enter will no longer attempt to close the dialog to avoid accidentally closing it while editing the grid.
Job Flow Resource Sorting does not save after moving to a different department or plant.
Added AttentionPercent column to the Capacity Plan grids.
Refresh Planning Data from a cleared scenario causes “Column ‘Id’ is constrained to be unique” messages.
The history pane “help” icon is missing and shows as a box with a red x.
Scenario History help button now has an icon.
Late & Overdue Jobs button removed.
Its functionality has been replaced by alerts.
UI Object Properties Window: Layouts are not saved.
The Job Details pane is slow to open when many jobs are connected by materials.
Improved some portions of the Job Details dialog to improve loading speed when the job is connected to many other jobs.
Error 2577 minor description update.
Removed obsolete Customizer fields from publishing.
ServerManager: Some log entries only specified the error code and contained no messages.
Alternate Paths: Original Demand is duplicated for each alternate path that exists for Job.
Data Error: Cannot close Error Dialog on Sales Orders.
Accepting the prompt and entering a valid date will allow the user to continue.
Inventory Plan: Allow removing a template job from inventory
From the Warehouse & Inventory tab, select “None” to remove a mapped MRP template.
The grid row count is incorrect when Group By rows are used.
Grids will now correctly show visible rows when Group By Rows is being used.
Inventory Plan: Warehouse External ID.
Warehouse External ID has been added to the inventory plan grid.
JIT start date calculates too early:
The Job Details Dialog now shows Job earliness value correctly. It previously always displayed 0.
After an adjustment, the Gantt jumps to the clock time if it was positioned before the start of the clock.
Save location for tooltip window between sessions:
When manually positioning the Gantt tooltip, the position will be saved for when the client is restarted.
Renamed MRP to MPS/MRP.
JobsGrid: "Select all" should select only visible rows.
Publish: Department FrozenSpan publishes in days.
Department frozen span changed to be published in days and the column type was changed from long to double.
Blocks on multitasking resources are re-shuffled visually when clicked (display
Workspaces: Default workspace was simplified:
The default workspace (the workspace loaded if no other workspaces exist) has been
simplified to just the Home Screen. This will speed up client load times and allow the user to start with a simple template.
ActivityGrid: Added Optimization Score and Score Details to the grid.
Added OptimizationScore and OptimizationScoreDetails columns to the Activities Grid. The Optimization Score analysis system option must be enabled for the score data to be visible in the columns.
Web Installer: User gets an error on download.
Data Mappings: Capability Mappings – Fields should be required.
Marked ExternalId and Name as required fields for Capabilities in the data mappings
The "Assigned Capabilities" grid does not select capability rows that are assigned to a Resource.
In Resource Configurator dialog, each Resource row has a column called "Assigned Capabilities". This column has a button that displays the list of all Capabilities when clicked. The Capabilities that are assigned to the Resource should be selected when the list opens but this was not the case.
KPI: unclear error message.
The KPI chart will no longer give a strange error message when at least one KPI is not
Changes were not saved when saving dialogs.
Dialogs will now warn the user if their settings cannot be applied from a dialog when the system is busy. The button will turn yellow to signal a warning, and the dialog will not close, so the user can attempt the save again.
Have date pickers default to blank or today, not to 1800.
Date pickers will default to today if another date has not been set.
Removed the unused Message Processing functionality and fields from Instance Manager.
Message Processing functionality is no longer supported.
Import complete multiple popups:
When notifying the user of a complete import, optimize, or publish, multiple windows will not popup. Instead, one notification window will display the completed result messages.