Sales orders are generally customer orders for finished products. They are used to track demand in the inventory plan (as they consume material) and are often used in conjunction with the MRP function. Sales Orders can be imported in PlanetTogether (the relevant fields can be found here) but the Sales Orders view can be used to manually create new or edit existing sales orders.
Setting Up Sales Orders
Editing an Existing Sales Order
First, select the sales order you wish to edit from the list found in the Distributions screen of the Sales Order view. When a sales order is selected, the details of its fields will appear in the edit sales orders section at the bottom of the screen. You can modify the details of the sales order from this screen and then click on the “Save” button to apply the changes.
Manually Creating a New Sales Order
First, click on the “New” button found at the top left corner of the Distributions screen. This will refresh the values of the Edit Sales Orders screen to allow users to type in the information for new sales orders. Populate the required fields (highlighted in red and listed below), then click on the “Save” button. This will create a new sales order that will appear in the list of the top screen.
Note: The following fields are required to manually create a new sales order:
- Sales Order
- ExternalId: This is a unique text identifier that specifies the Sales Order RD.
- Name: This is a unique text identifier that specifies the Sales Order Name.
- Sales Order Lines
- ItemExternalId: A drop-down menu allows users to select the item that was ordered.
- Sales Order Lines Distributions
- MustSupplyFromWarehouseExternalId: This field is used to specify which warehouse the item must be supplied from to fulfill the sales order.
- QtyOrdered: The quantity of items that were ordered by the customer.
- RequiredAvailableDate: The need date of the sales order.