The Shop Views dialog is accessed by logging in to the ShopViews.exe application.
- Login: Prompts the user for their User Name (as specified in the Users dialog). If Passwords are in use (specified in the Shop Views Options dialog), then the password can also be entered. Logging in uses a Shop View license until Logout. Logging in also reloads the latest Scenario data.
- Logout: Hides the main dialog and returns to the login dialog. Once logged out, the user’s license is freed for use by another user, even if on another Client PC. Note that closing the form using the red ‘X’ in the form’s upper right-hand corner also causes a Logout, not an exit. This is to avoid accidental shutdowns requiring a restart of the Shop Views application. Note that there is an option in the Shop Views Option dialog to log out automatically after a period of inactivity to free licenses and increase security.
- Find Activity: Used to locate activities in the Activities grid by searching by Job Name and optionally, Manufacturing Order Name and Operation Name.
- Refresh: Reloads the latest Activity data from the PlanetTogether Scenario. Note: Data is only refreshed manually with this command or when a user logs in.
- Show Keyboard: Show an on-screen keyboard that can be used in circumstances where no physical keyboard is available, such as with touch-screens or mouse-only setups.
- Next Activity: Shows the next editable Activity based on the earliest Start date. This can be used to quickly show the next Activity that should be worked on. Note that there is a setting in the Users dialog that specifies whether this should happen automatically upon finishing an Activity to save a manual step.
These provide the user with the scheduled Activities for each Resource to which they have access. Each Resource can have its Users specified in the Shop View Options dialog. If no Users are explicitly assigned to a Resource, then all Users who can access Shop Views can view the Resource.
This grid lists the Activities scheduled on the Resource in order of increasing scheduled start date of the Activity on the Resource. Note that the rows cannot be sorted by any other field to avoid a miscommunication resulting in work being performed in a sequence that deviates from the scheduled sequence.
Various options are available to control the columns shown, their sequence, their captions, and which Activities should be shown. These options are set in the Shop View Options dialog.
These values are taken from various fields of the Job, Manufacturing Order, Operation, and Activity. Most are read-only. These fields can have their text changed, be made read-only, or be hidden using the Shop View Options dialog.
Status Update Buttons
The buttons at the bottom of the screen are used to update the Activity’s current status. If the Activity is read-only in the Activity Grid, then the buttons are hidden. Buttons can have their text changed or be hidden using the Shop View Options dialog.
- Setup: If depressed, then the Activity is considered to be in Setup.
- Run: If depressed, then the Activity is considered to be Running.
- Post-Process: If depressed, then the Activity is considered to be Post-Processing.
- Finished: If depressed, then the Activity is considered to be Finished. Once Finished, the Activity is removed from the Activities grid and can no longer be edited.
- Paused: An in-production Activity can be paused to indicate that it was interrupted for some reason. The Activity can be un-Paused by un-checking this button.
- On-Hold: An Activity can be placed on-hold to indicate the work will be delayed on it for some reason. The reasons are specified in the Hold Reasons dialog in the scheduler (Settings | Scenario Data | Hold Settings…). The Activity can be un-held by un-checking this button.
- Custom: This can be used to display a custom-build dialog for collecting special data or providing any other custom-programmed information or logic. To create a custom dialog please contact PlanetTogether support (email@example.com ).
- Save: If an Activity is modified then this button is enabled. Saving causes the data to be committed to PlanetTogether and updates the schedule immediately. If an Activity is edited but not saved and a logout is attempted or another Activity is selected, then the modification is saved automatically. To have the User prompted before saving, see the option in the Shop View Options dialog.
- Undo: If an Activity is modified then the modification can be undone by clicking this button. (Note that once an Activity has had a status change saved, it cannot be undone.)