Many manufacturing facilities and managers find themselves in a bind when attempting to boost operational efficiency and locate bottlenecks within their operation. As this is a common struggle and is becoming more and more prevalent, many manufacturers are finding themselves coming to the conclusion that they need manufacturing production scheduling software.
Manufacturing production scheduling software pushes the boundaries and goes beyond production scheduling. The powerful and flexible system utilizes real time data from events that are occurring throughout the supply chain as well as within the manufacturing software, ERP software, MPS software, or MRP software. This ultimately aids in quickly and efficiently adapting to fluctuations in customer demands and meeting delivery requirements. Manufacturing production scheduling software is absolutely essential when attempting to optimize your facility through waste elimination, profitability increase, and ultimately enhancing your operation as a whole and maintaining a competitive edge. Manufacturing production scheduling software will enable you to stand out amongst the crowd and take production up a notch.
Before implementing a manufacturing production scheduling software, it is essential to understand the features of the software. Therefore, here are the features of manufacturing production scheduling software within manufacturing operations.
Features of Manufacturing Production Scheduling Software
The features of manufacturing production scheduling software include the following:
- Capable to Promise - Capable to promise is by far one of the most stand out features of manufacturing production scheduling software and is a powerful feature within the software. Utilizing a capable to promise and “what-if” feature encompasses the entire production process and determines availability of required raw materials, purchased parts, manufacturing time, and more required to complete the required order. Utilizing “what-if” features allow you to obtain an understanding of how you can manipulate your production process without making actual changes.
- Forecasting and Production Planning - Real-time integration with order entry and sales modules enables collaborative forecasting. This process utilizes historical data as well as real-time data from throughout the enterprise, which ultimately aids with being able to reduce your inventory and waste within the operation. If your goal is to reduce inventory and increase profitability, then this forecasting component can easily aid with this concept.
- Material Requirements and Resource Planning (MRP) - Materials requirements and resource planning (MRP) is an essential function within any manufacturing software or operation. Material requirements and resource planning (MRP) is able to accurately and effectively manage all resources necessary to meet manufacturing demand, while maintaining lean inventory levels. It includes items manufactured internally and through third party vendors, as well as sub-assemblies. With manufacturing production scheduling software, MRP is one of the functions that are an absolute must.
- Master Production Scheduling (MPS) - Master production scheduling (MPS) pertains to the process of developing a production process that ensures that the production schedule is generating enough product to be able to fulfill the forecast within the week or timeframe requested. Master production scheduling (MPS) is another essential function within manufacturing operations that defines resources, costs, current work orders, and projected on hand balances that are then converted into a production plan.
- Advanced Planning and Scheduling System (APS) - Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) Software is a must for manufacturing operations that are seeking to enhance their operation through flexible scheduling. APS executes the plan and allows real-time adjustments to enable unplanned events while ensuring optimal throughput through the enterprise. APS Software is a must for manufacturing facilities that are seeking to enhance their operation.
A software that can aid with your manufacturing operation is PlanetTogether’s Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) Software. PlanetTogether’s Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) Software is a must for manufacturing operations that are seeking to enhance their operation through features such as finite scheduling, capacity planning, inventory planning, and ultimately bottleneck elimination. APS Software has become essential for any manufacturing operation that is seeking to boost efficiency and take their operation to the next level.
Advanced Planning and Scheduling Software
Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) software has become a must for modern-day manufacturing operations due to customer demand for increased product mix and fast delivery combined with downward cost pressures. APS can be quickly integrated with a ERP/MRP software to fill gaps where these system lack planning and scheduling flexibility and accuracy. Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) helps planners save time while providing greater agility in updating ever-changing priorities, production schedules, and inventory plans.
- Create optimized schedules balancing production efficiency and delivery performance
- Maximize output on bottleneck resources to increase revenue
- Synchronize supply with demand to reduce inventories
- Provide company-wide visibility to capacity
- Enable scenario data-driven decision making
Implementation of Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) software will take your manufacturing operations to the next level of production efficiency, taking advantage of the operational data you already have in your ERP.