There are various advantages associated with implementing an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software. Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software has become a necessity for manufacturers and provide benefits such as improved productivity, increased efficiency, cost reduction, and streamline processes.
ERP software offers a collaborative approach within your production facility, which ultimately allows your production facility to communicate effectively across various departments. While ERP implementation can be costly, the benefits exceed the cost and ultimately enables you to take your production facility to the next level in terms of efficiency. Therefore, here are ten benefits of implementing ERP software within your manufacturing operation.
10 Benefits of Implementing ERP Software
The ten benefits of implementing ERP software include the following:
- Efficiency - The number one goal of implementing ERP software is to boost efficiency. ERP software eliminates repetitive processes and great reduce the need to manually enter information. The software is also able to streamline business processes and make it easier and more efficient for companies to collect data, no matter what department they’re working in.
- Forecasting - Enterprise resource planning software gives users, and most importantly managers, the tools and resources needed in order to create more accurate forecasts. Since the information within ERP is as accurate as possible, businesses can make realistic estimates and much more efficient/effective forecasts.
- Productivity - ERP software will save you time through productivity enhancement. Through having redundant processes automated, individuals will have more time to work on other important projects and tasks. They also will be able to work easier since the solution was designed for easy use.
- Flexibility - Modern-day ERP softwares are robust and flexible. They are not a one-size- fits all, but they can be tailored to the unique needs of a manufacturing operation. ERP software is also able to adapt to the changing needs of a growing business, eliminating the need to purchase a new solution once your business changes.
- Collaboration - Collaboration is another one of the main benefits of utilizing ERP software. Collaboration between departments is a crucial and important aspect of a manufacturing operation and allows for much more thorough visibility. With data being entered into ERP systems being centralized and consistent, there is not much reason for why departments would not be able to work together.
- Scalability - Structured ERP software enables the addition of new users and functions to grow the initially implemented solution over time. When a business is ready to grow and continue to build, enterprise resource planning software will aid in facilitating the growth.
- Cost Elimination - ERP software reduces administration and operations costs through the utilization of accurate and real-time information. It allows manufacturers to manage operations, prevent delays within production, and break up information, ultimately enabling managers to make decisions much more quickly and efficiently.
- Mobility - Some ERP softwares grant you access to a centralized database that allows you to work from home, the office, or wherever you wish.
- Competition - While ERP software is expensive and a substantial investment, it is actually more costly to not purchase the software. While there are manufacturers that are seeking to stick to methods of the past, this has put them a bit beneath the competition. ERP has technological advancements that greatly aid production efficiency and productivity.
- Integrated Information - No more issues with data spread across separate databases since all information will be inserted into a single location. This means that you can integrate platforms such as CRM software with an ERP system, which keeps data consistent, accurate, and unique.
A software that can be easily integrated with an ERP software is PlanetTogether’s Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) software. PlanetTogether’s APS software fills in the gaps where ERP lacks and offers specific capabilities that enable production facilities to take their production up a notch. Advanced planning and scheduling software (APS) is extremely important to manufacturing facilities that are in need of specific production schedules and requirements, and the software can offer thorough insight into the manufacturing operation as a whole. APS has become a necessity in modern manufacturing for production facilities that are seeking to maintain a competitive edge. APS is being integrated into production facilities across the globe.
PlanetTogether’s Advanced Planning and Scheduling Software
Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) software has become a must for modern-day manufacturing operations due to customer demand for increased product mix and fast delivery combined with downward cost pressures. APS can be quickly integrated with a ERP/MRP software to fill gaps where these system lack planning and scheduling flexibility and accuracy. Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) helps planners save time while providing greater agility in updating ever-changing priorities, production schedules, and inventory plans.
- Create optimized schedules balancing production efficiency and delivery performance
- Maximize output on bottleneck resources to increase revenue
- Synchronize supply with demand to reduce inventories
- Provide company-wide visibility to capacity
- Enable scenario data-driven decision making
Implementation of Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) software will take your manufacturing operations to the next level of production efficiency, taking advantage of the operational data you already have in your ERP.
LEAVE A COMMENT