With an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System, you experience a variety of advantages that depend on the industry at hand. In almost no time at all, interdepartmental communication, productivity, and efficiency improve immensely. Due to seamless integration of various functional areas, your team will easily be able to trace orders from placement to payment. ERP also aids production managers through managing the interdependencies among raw production components. Integration of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System is absolutely essential for manufacturing operations that are in need of efficiency optimization within the production process. Before implementing an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System, it is important to understand the benefits of the software.
5 Benefits of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems are an integral part of modern day manufacturing and can provide thorough insight into your manufacturing operation. Some of the benefits of an ERP system include the following:
- Competitive Advantage - Utilizing an ERP system already puts you a step ahead of manufacturing facilities that do not use it. While ERP software is a substantial investment, there is also a substantial cost in not investing into the software. While there are an abundance of manufacturers that choose to stick to methods of the past, others will seek technology solutions. Manufacturers can not afford to put off implementation of an ERP system while their competitors invests in ERP and begin to experience the benefits.
- Process Efficiency Enhancement - An ERP solution eliminates repetitive process and also greatly reduces the necessity for manually entering information. The system is also able to streamline business processes and make it much more simpler and efficient for company to collect data, no matter what department they may be working within.
- Forecasting Accuracy - Forecasting accuracy is incredibly important, especially for lean manufacturing operations. Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software gives users the tools needed in order to accurately forecast data, such as through real-time visibility as well as utilizing historical sales data. The information with ERP is as accurate as it can possibly get, and businesses can make realistic estimates and much more effective forecasts.
- Integrated Information - Having your information scattered across various departments may lead to complications. With an ERP system, all information will be housed within a single location. Ultimately, this means that you can integrate platforms such as a CRM software with your ERP system, which keeps data consist and accurate. It is also important to know your customers, the orders, inventory, are all now in one place.
- Productivity Enhancement - Productivity within your production facility is one of the most important factors to consider within the operation. It is important to locate methods that save you time and increase productivity levels - which is where an ERP system comes in. Through having a redundant process that becomes automated, individuals will have more time to work on other important projects and tasks. Work will also become much simpler since the solution was designed for ease-of-use.
A software that can easily be implemented and integrated with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System is PlanetTogether’s Advanced Planning and Scheduling Software (APS). Advanced Planning and Scheduling Software (APS) has become a necessity for manufacturing operations that are seeking to maintain a competitive edge within the industry. APS software allows you to have a visual representation of your production process and fills in the gaps of areas where ERP lacks. Advanced Planning and Scheduling Software (APS) can turn your manufacturing operation into a goldmine with ease and ultimately take your production process to the next level in terms of efficiency and optimization.
Advanced Planning and Scheduling Software
Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) software has become a must for modern-day manufacturing operations due to customer demand for increased product mix and fast delivery combined with downward cost pressures. APS can be quickly integrated with a ERP/MRP software to fill gaps where these system lack planning and scheduling flexibility and accuracy. Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) helps planners save time while providing greater agility in updating ever-changing priorities, production schedules, and inventory plans.
- Create optimized schedules balancing production efficiency and delivery performance
- Maximize output on bottleneck resources to increase revenue
- Synchronize supply with demand to reduce inventories
- Provide company-wide visibility to capacity
- Enable scenario data-driven decision making
Implementation of Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) software will take your manufacturing operations to the next level of production efficiency, taking advantage of the operational data you already have in your ERP.
Related Multi Plant Video
Topics: enterprise resource planning