Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) Software is a software that pertains to dealing with the proper analysis of logistics and manufacturing over short, intermediate, and long-term periods. This is conducted through mathematical algorithms and logic that enhances operational efficiency within a production facility. PlanetTogether’s Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) Software enables manufacturers to have a visual representation of their production process and how to further manipulate their production schedules in order to obtain the most advantageous schedule pertaining to their operation.
Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) Software is able to boost efficiency and reduce waste within the operation with ease. APS Software can be integrated with ERP/MRP software and fills in the gaps where these softwares lack. The software offers other strategic functions pertaining to enhancing your operation through bottleneck visibility, materials distribution, finite planning, capacity planning, and various other components that can ensure that waste is eliminated and overall profitability is increased. As many manufacturing facilities and production managers are finding themselves coming to the conclusion that their facility needs a little work, APS has become the solution that is able to be quickly integrated and implemented and ultimately quickly change the efficiency of the operation.
Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) Software has various components and features that can greatly enhance an operation and ensure that they maintain their competitive edge. Within this blog, we are going to discuss a few of the stand out components of Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) Software and how it can take your production facility to the next level.
Features of Advanced Planning and Scheduling Software
With APS, there are stand out features that allow you to become a stand out manufacturing facility. The features of APS that can greatly enhance your operation pertain to the following:
- Gantt Drag and Drop - Gantt drag and drop is by far one of the most beneficial tools that manufacturers can use to locate the most advantageous production schedule without having to go into the schedule and make hefty changes. Gantt drag and drop is as simple as clicking on a portion of the schedule that you wish to move and placing it in the section of the schedule that you wish to complete that particular task/job. This is made much simpler and easier as opposed to the complex task of having to manually rewrite the schedule and make extremely detailed changes.
- “What-If” Scenarios - “What-If scenarios are another stand out component within Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) Software due to the ability to produce production schedules without making any actual changes. This ties in with gantt drag and drop to an extent, considering that this portion of the software enables you to visualize changes in the schedule before you actually commit to the changes. “What-if” scenarios are a must-have for modern day operations that are seeking to have thorough insight into how they can manipulate their production schedule in the most beneficial way possible.
- Finite Scheduling - Finite scheduling is another component of APS software that enables correlation between production time expectation and shop floor time. This software is able to generate schedules automatically and does not have a need for a whole lot of human intervention, thus saving you money and time in the long run. This has become a top choice for many manufacturing operations that wish to enhance capacity.
- Multi-Plant Planning - Opening up a new plant? Considering further expanding your operations? APS gives manufacturers the chance to have thorough insight and visibility across all operations and gain inventory on all sections of each plant. Multi-Plant Planning is a rather substantial task considering that each plant will vary in terms of the production process, but APS is able to oversee this operation through integration with ERP or MRP and ultimately ensure that production is on schedule and customer order fulfillment times are always conducted.
Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) Software is by far one of the most advantageous softwares that are available to ERP, MRP, or MPS. This is due to the ability of filling in the gaps where these softwares lack and ultimately provide a much more specific approach to production and scheduling. Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) Software is a crucial aspect to any manufacturing operation today and will ultimately boost operational efficiency with ease.
Advanced Planning and Scheduling Software
Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) software has become a must for modern-day manufacturing operations due to customer demand for increased product mix and fast delivery combined with downward cost pressures. APS can be quickly integrated with a ERP/MRP software to fill gaps where these system lack planning and scheduling flexibility and accuracy. Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) helps planners save time while providing greater agility in updating ever-changing priorities, production schedules, and inventory plans.
- Create optimized schedules balancing production efficiency and delivery performance
- Maximize output on bottleneck resources to increase revenue
- Synchronize supply with demand to reduce inventories
- Provide company-wide visibility to capacity
- Enable scenario data-driven decision making
Implementation of Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) software will take your manufacturing operations to the next level of production efficiency, taking advantage of the operational data you already have in your ERP.