With many manufacturers, they are seeking for a way to locate the most advantageous production schedule. This is where what-if scenarios can be extremely beneficial and enable you to run simulations based off of demand forecast and constraint modeling. What-if scenarios allow planners and managers to adequately analyze and visualize potential production scheduling and any disruptive events that may hinder production from continuing. This is not only insightful to an OEMs current supply situation, but it is also beneficial to inventory management, facility capacity, and various other areas of the supply chain. In modern manufacturing, What-If Scenarios are a must, but why are they so important?
Why What-If Scenarios are a Must
What-If Scenarios can accurately predict how hypothetical situations can impact production and the movement of materials throughout the supply chain. While many believe it can only be important to particular areas, it actually adds value to every major touch point across the value chain including the following:
- Demand Planning - What-if Scenarios are beneficial in both short-term and long-term planning for manufacturing operations. The features enables planners to visualize and locate strategies for any disruptions within the production process, ultimately locating cost-effective methods to conduct this process as well.
- Inventory - Planners can choose whether or not to increase inventory based off of this feature. What-if Scenarios provide a planner with a visual representation of what steps should be taken in order to ensure that production is flowing with ease, and that inventory is not building up too high or that there is not enough to fulfill customer orders.
- Transportation - Are your deliveries not arriving on time or are your delivery cost higher than expected? Is your transportation route efficient? All of these questions can be answered through what-if scenarios and can aid planners that are striving for leaner transportation and freight management methods. Whether it is an issue pertaining to fuel cost, viability, or transportation efficiency, what-if scenarios can enable visibility and actionable recommendations.
What-If Scenarios are a feature within PlanetTogether’s advanced planning and scheduling software. This software allows you to generate hypothetical schedules and locate the most advantageous one that pertains to efficiency, waste elimination, and potential bottlenecks within the operation. Advanced planning and scheduling software has become a must for manufacturers around the globe that are seeking efficiency optimization.
Advanced Planning and Scheduling Software
Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) software has become a must for modern-day manufacturing operations due to customer demand for increased product mix and fast delivery combined with downward cost pressures. APS can be quickly integrated with a ERP/MRP software to fill gaps where these system lack planning and scheduling flexibility and accuracy. Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) helps planners save time while providing greater agility in updating ever-changing priorities, production schedules, and inventory plans.
- Create optimized schedules balancing production efficiency and delivery performance
- Maximize output on bottleneck resources to increase revenue
- Synchronize supply with demand to reduce inventories
- Provide company-wide visibility to capacity
- Enable scenario data-driven decision making
Implementation of Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) software will take your manufacturing operations to the next level of production efficiency, taking advantage of the operational data you already have in your ERP.
Related What If Scenarios Video
Topics: what-if scenario