Supply chain management (SCM) pertains to the methods and ideas pertaining to creating a production process that is entirely efficient and waste is minimized. Supply chain management (SCM) is completely important to any business that has product flow and pertains to creating or selling products. While manufacturing and supply chain is by far extremely beneficial to operations, there are many challenges that supply chain may face - especially smaller manufacturers.
Having your supply chain become entirely efficient and ensuring that it is running on time and that consumers are getting products on time. Larger manufacturers have this down pat with a collection of software that enables them to do this - smaller manufacturers may not always have the money in order to conduct this. Having said that, there are a variety of challenges that all supply chains and manufacturing operations may find themselves running into.
Top Supply Chain Challenges
Supply chain managers have been faced with challenges to create and keep efficient supply chain methods. Some of the top challenges within supply chain include the following:
- Customer Service - Supply chain management pertains to providing the correct amount of product in the right quantity to the right place and time. While this sounds like it is rather simple, it can quickly become complicated.
- Planning & Risk Management - In order to maintain efficiency, the periodic assessment and redesigns will be needed. These adjustments are in response to changes within the market - which could be due to new product launches, credit availability, and the need to protect intellectual property. Identifying risk are key within supply chain.
- Cost Control - Operating costs are usually under pressure through rising energy/fuel and freight costs, technology, labor rates, and regulations that are coming into play. Effective supply chain can be able to adequately oversee resources that are being utilized and keeping sustainability and cost in mind.
A software that can aid with ensuring that your supply chain stays on track is PlanetTogether’s Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) Software. Advanced Planning and Scheduling Software (APS) allows manufacturers to have a visual representation of their entire production process and manipulate areas that are in need of productivity enhancement. Advanced Planning and Scheduling Software (APS) is a necessity for manufacturing operations that are seeking to take their production up a notch. Advanced Planning and Scheduling Software (APS) is being implemented into manufacturing operations around the globe and are easily being optimized through implementation of the software.
Advanced Planning and Scheduling Software
Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) software has become a must for modern-day manufacturing operations due to customer demand for increased product mix and fast delivery combined with downward cost pressures. APS can be quickly integrated with a ERP/MRP software to fill gaps where these system lack planning and scheduling flexibility and accuracy. Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) helps planners save time while providing greater agility in updating ever-changing priorities, production schedules, and inventory plans.
- Create optimized schedules balancing production efficiency and delivery performance
- Maximize output on bottleneck resources to increase revenue
- Synchronize supply with demand to reduce inventories
- Provide company-wide visibility to capacity
- Enable scenario data-driven decision making
Implementation of Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) software will take your manufacturing operations to the next level of production efficiency, taking advantage of the operational data you already have in your ERP.
Related Capacity Video
Topics: supply chain management software