In the past, manufacturers were unable to have a clear and concise picture of what areas to improve within production and ultimately had their facilities lack efficiency. As time has progressed, visual production scheduling became a reality and has enabled manufacturers to have clear insight into their production process and schedules. Visual production scheduling has become a must for manufacturing operations around the globe. Visual production scheduling ensures that you have a visual complement to your production scheduling system and allows companies to reach lean manufacturing goals, reduce cost, streamline workflows, improve efficiency, and hold a higher standard for product development. The software offers a concise visual representation of the production process and allows manufacturers to manipulate and make decisions based off of these schedules, ultimately leading to a much more cost efficient and waste reduced production process. It is necessary to utilize a software that can organize activities through a visual accessory, such as a something we call a Gantt chart.
Gantt Charts Within Scheduling
Here are some of what Gantt charts have to offer through scheduling solutions:
- Communication Enhancement - Visual production scheduling and gantt charts become an excellent tool for communicating with floor employees and fostering an environment of collaboration within the production facility.
- Efficiency Maximization - Gantt charts allow for optimization within your production process and enables administrators to manage production and distribution runs to minimize lead times. Ultimately, this correlates with reaction times to manufacturing schedule improvements.
- Management Tools - Gantt charts prevent responsibility confusion. All tasks are clearly outlined and ensure that everyone understands what they are responsible for. This provides department managers with accountability tools that ensure for acceptable employee performance.
- Superior Monitoring - With a visual production schedule, management can easily view WIP inventories and subsequently arrange manufacturing scheduling to efficiently enhance production capability and inventory levels.
Advanced planning and scheduling software (APS) has various features such as Gantt Charts that give you a visual representation of your production process. This software enables you to manipulate and tamper with your production schedule until you have the most advantageous production schedule. Ultimately, this will lead to efficiency increase and waste reduction within your manufacturing facility and take your operation to the next level.
Advanced Planning and Scheduling Software
Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) software has become a must for modern-day manufacturing operations due to customer demand for increased product mix and fast delivery combined with downward cost pressures. APS can be quickly integrated with a ERP/MRP software to fill gaps where these system lack planning and scheduling flexibility and accuracy. Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) helps planners save time while providing greater agility in updating ever-changing priorities, production schedules, and inventory plans.
- Create optimized schedules balancing production efficiency and delivery performance
- Maximize output on bottleneck resources to increase revenue
- Synchronize supply with demand to reduce inventories
- Provide company-wide visibility to capacity
- Enable scenario data-driven decision making
Implementation of Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) software will take your manufacturing operations to the next level of production efficiency, taking advantage of the operational data you already have in your ERP.
Related Capacity Planning Video
Topics: visual production scheduling